Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Impressed

By Mister Curie

I just wanted to say that I was highly impressed with the MoHo community last night as several members of the community showed their love and concern for others through their actions.  When the blog posted suicide note was discovered and broadcast across facebook, a concerted effort was made by people who weren't even sure if they personally knew the blogger to find and protect them in this critical hour of need.  It was amazing to see a variety of modern technologies put into use to improve communication and coordinate efforts to move as quickly as possible. 

This was my first real interaction with the concept of gay suicide.  Hopefully the community we are fostering will help to support people so that suicide does not appear to be the only option available and we will not have to deal as much with the issue.  However, I wonder if it would be worthwhile to create a standardized approach to the situation if something similar happens again so that we can quickly raise the alarm and coordinate efforts to protect each other.  I wonder if the MoHo Map would be an appropriate website to centralize some of these efforts.  What do you think? 

3 comments:

  1. Working on it as we speak. You are going to be included this weekend when I organize a decent plan

    ReplyDelete
  2. David - Glad to hear that you are on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was impressed as well. Please count me in too David.

    ReplyDelete