Friday, February 5, 2010

Out Update III

By Mister Curie

In my last update, I wrote:

I received an email from one of the directors of my school program
saying she wanted to set up a routine meeting to discuss my progress in the
program. I have known she is lesbian for some time and did a quick LGBTQ search
on the university webpage to confirm that she is listed as a "safe" person to
discuss LGBT issues with. I sent her an email today outing myself and setting up
an interview for this coming Friday.

It is now that Friday.

The program director and I had a great discussion for nearly an hour today. It was such an affirming experience! It felt great to be able to discuss both my homosexuality and my disaffection with the church. She was very supportive and knew all the right things to say. I am so glad all of my out experiences have been positive so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment